Wednesday 25 March 2015

Bourjois Paris Make-Up Review



I have recently been trying out some of Bourjois latest new make up!
 
As mentioned in my previous post – I went to Boots recently with the intention of buying new make up to review and got side tracked by the Elegant Touch Nails. Not only did I try out some of Elegant Touch Nails (review in post below) but I did come across the new Bourjois make up in the 3 for 2 offers so I couldn’t help myself. I ended up buying…

Happy Light Luminous Serum – Primer

If im being honest this was a spontaneous buy. I have tried primers before and every single one I have tried so far has been pretty pants even the well-known big branded names – none of their primers seemed to last long or actually set any of my make up, so I bought this primer from Bourjois on a whim hoping it could reel me back in.

The primer comes in a foundation like bottle with a pump for dispensing. The primer itself is a cute pastel pink colour. Happy light serum helps to illuminate and radiate your complexion whilst also hydrating your face so you can use this as a base coat.

 



I usually apply a small amount of this after I have moisturised my face. It leaves my skin feeling really soft and bright. Once this sets in I then apply my concealer/foundation whatever takes my fancy that day and I can honestly say I have noticed such a difference. My make-up does sit better and does seem to last longer too. I do feel as if I have more of a glow after using this serum.

Great product which I would definitely recommend especially since it’s currently in the 3 for 2 at Boots stores – see link


Bourjois Volume Glamour Push Up Mascara
This was one of the first things I picked up - as every mascara that I use from Bourjois is amazing.


 I always find when I am using other brands of Mascara, I will always go off them and go straight back to using Bourjois. I have tried several of their mascaras already – I have two favourites that I swear by and always keep in my make-up bag (I will note these below).
Since Bourjois Volume Glamour Push Up Mascara was newly released I wanted to try this as I had high expectations since I love the other two that I use regularly. In my head before I had even tried it on I thought this would be a great contender however I was pretty disappointed in this purchase. It didn’t crack up to what I thought it would be – I was expecting to see high curls for eyelashes and separate lashes - but I don’t feel like this is the case. Maybe it’s because I have tried other Bourjois Mascaras and I rate them so highly but I felt like this mascara was average and although it states “no clumps” I did find this mascara very clumpy and it seems to group your lashes together. Which isn't always a good look. See link -  http://www.boots.com/en/Bourjois-Volume-Glamour-Push-Up-mascara_1538948/

The two mascaras by Bourjois which I definitely recommend are the following:

Bourjois Volume 1 Seconde Mascara
This mascara does hold all day and separates your lashes and is clump free. I wear this mascara for everyday use

When im going out I always use the Bourjois Volume Clubbing Mascara!

This mascara gives a more dramatic volumised effect and looks like you have false eye lashes on.


And last but not least…


Bourjois Little Round Pot Blusher – Healthy Mix

I have used the little round pots of blusher on and off over the last 5-10 years – I have always been a fan and was tired of wearing the same shade of pink all the time.

 
 
I love how Bourjois make so many different colours in their Blushers to suit different pigmentation. So since it is now spring and my make-up bag only consists of bright pink blush colours. I thought I would go for a nice golden glow. I chose the 41 Healthy Mix colour I believe this came out with the other “Healthy Mix” range of foundations etc. – why I didn’t try this at the time I will never know! I LOVE this! This blusher is like a pretty Terracotta colour - isn’t too orange or too brassy although im describing it as a terracotta colour please note that its nothing like a bronzer. Once applied it sits on my cheekbones and leaves a lovely dewy glow all day. I definitely recommend this blusher – I know it is not new but it is such a pretty shade for wearing this spring. The pot comes with a little compact mirror and tiny blusher brush for applying.
Going off subject here - I had always thought it was me being weird but I was convinced that these little blusher pots smelled nice even though its make up? I don’t know if you have ever gone out your way to smell them but they are delightful. Whilst doing some research on Bourjois and their products I recently found out that these pots are actually rose scented! So it’s not just me being a crazy strange lady smelling blushers in the make-up isle – which I am glad about as I feel a little bit less weird now knowing that they are actually scented! YAY!
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment