Sunday 22 March 2015

Elegant Touch Nails Review


Boy-ish, short, tired, worn out looking?

Looking down at my nails I couldn’t help but think – yeah you guys definitely land in all four categories. I didn’t even plan on reviewing Elegant Touch nails - I actually went to my nearest Boots store to buy drug store make up for reviewing on my blog.

Then I had a great idea… I decided to wave good bye to my boring nails and introduce myself to a whole new world of beauty - false nails. Now this is a pretty brave step for me - never in my life have I ever tried "falsies" but I was so sick of looking at my dull, tedious nails that I thought I would relish in the fact that I could jazz them up and make them grow within half an hour.

Boots currently have a wide range of false nails – I'm not going to lie I must have stood in the Nail isle for a good 10-15 minutes deliberating on which colour/style/pattern I would go for. I decided to buy one of the Elegant Touch Nails cheaper options, just in case the falsies idea ended up being a massive fail.
 
I chose the Elegant Touch Polished Nails in Slate Grey 327 - they were £6.59 GBP from Boots

Elegant Touch packaging is great because it gives you the chance to pick what exact style/texture/pattern of nails you want.

I figured that I would go with the slate grey colour since grey would pretty much go with anything.

The pack itself has 24 nails – 10 different sizes which is great because this allows you to pick the closest size to your own nails. The pack also comes with adhesive tabs for gluing the false nails to your natural nails and also a buffer nail file.

With never having tried false nails before I was VERY sceptical about how long they would last before they would fall off and whether in fact they would fall off – it is glue after all!

So despite the pack containing adhesive tabs for pre gluing on to the nail I thought I would buy the Elegant Touch Brush on Glue which was £3.10 GBP from Boots – just in case any nails decided to break off. For removing the nails I have bought the Elegant Touch Get Em off Remover £2.65 from Boots; I have not had to use this product yet – which is a good sign!

I prepped my nails by making sure they were clean and dry before I picked out the sizes which best fit my natural nails. Once ready, I brushed the glue on to my natural nail – the glue dries within 4 seconds - it’s that fast, so you have to be really quick when applying the false nails. Make sure you hold down the nail in place for 5 seconds – then repeat x10. The instructions do read: not to go near any water for max of 30 minutes - this is to ensure that you are allowing the nails to have enough time to dry and set in and... Ta Dah! Look at these beauties:

 


I filed some nails down as I found that this set was a tad too long for my liking. Maybe it’s because im not used to having long nails I just found it really hard to pick stuff up/text etc. I found myself asking my Boyfriend to help me out a lot!

To look at they are really beautiful they look 100% real. Ever since I’ve had them on I’ve had nothing but compliments on them. The polished texture is lovely – they shine all of the time, they're really smooth and feel so real. For a while I actually forgot that I had fake nails on - sometimes I find myself staring at them wishing they could look this good all of the time!

The only critique that I have on these is that I found after a few hours 2/3 nails did start to gradually fall off – I don’t know if this was down to my own error by not brushing on enough glue initially. Fortunately because I did buy the Brush on Glue separate, it ended up being a little saviour for fixing any loose nails & within 5 minutes they were reapplied - yay! That easy and that quick.

I love these nails – they are so pretty and despite a few falling off. This has not put me off buying them again – I’ve had them on for two days now and they still look awesome. These would be great for a night out, formal occasions or even every day wear. Im looking forward for trying out more styles and patterns in the Elegant Touch range.

Below are links to all 3 products mentioned above on Boots website:

http://www.boots.com/en/Elegant-Touch-Polished-Nails-Slate-Grey_1529201/
http://www.boots.com/en/Elegant-Touch-Brush-on-Nail-Glue-6ml_1211623/
http://www.boots.com/en/Elegant-Touch-Get-Em-Off-Nail-Remover_1037549/
 

If you have any questions or any recommendations on Elegant Touch Nails – please feel free to comment below

Many Thanks,

No comments:

Post a Comment