Sunday 5 April 2015

Things to Do or Places to Visit Whilst in New York City


NEW YORK NEW YORK
The love of my life (aside from my boyfriend)
I LOVE NYC, I have visited the city a few times now for holidays and I cannot get enough of this place. If I ever won the lottery – NYC is where I would spend my fortune and reside. I could seriously make a giant list of all my loves for the city but you may get bored of me dragging on…
Instead I thought it would be cool to compile a list of Things to do whilst in New York – as mentioned above I have been a few times in summer and also in winter and I get asked a lot

“Do you not want to go on holiday somewhere else for a change?”

Obviously I would love to travel the world and visit as many places in my lifetime as possible – who wouldn’t? However if I had one chance to pick anywhere to travel/live/party/shop it would be New York City. I think people underestimate how much there is to do and see there, that they think they can cram it all into a week’s holiday/vacation – no chance! Unless you visit lots of places in NY so fast that you don’t stop to take it in and enjoy any of it.
I remember the last time before I went on holiday I was googling on the net “Things to do in New York City” I had been to the city before and I had visited a lot of places on my first trip there so I wanted to make sure that I tried new things/visited new places for my next visit.
Googling and making a list is a great way to help you plan your days in NYC - as believe me they fly past so quick! So make sure you cram as much as possible in to the length of time you’re visiting. To help you with this - below im going to make a list (not in any order) of things you should definitely check out or do whilst you are in New York whether it is your first, second, third, fifteenth time visiting the city! Just make sure to check some of these out –
1.       Rockefeller Center Top of the Rock – beautiful views overlooking the City even the Empire State Building this is by far one of my favourite places in NY to visit. The views are breath-taking of the whole city & New Jersey/Brooklyn and this place is great for a NY photo opportunity.
2.       Madison Square Park – again one of my favourite places to visit. It is just a park in the middle of NY you may not find it that exciting as some other well-known landmarks but I loved just chilling out in this park forgetting about everything else in my life. This park looks on to the beautiful Flat Iron Building and even has a cute dog park and awesome Shake Shack – mmm!
3.       Flat-Iron Building
4.       Empire State Building
5.       Brooklyn Bridge
6.       Central Park – 158 years old this is the most visited park and the park is also one of the most filmed locations in the world.
7.       Madison Square Garden – my boyfriend and I went and seen the NY Knicks play in November it was a great experience and the atmosphere - I loved every minute of it.
8.       Macys – I love this place we went in Winter around Thanksgiving so it was really beautiful all lit up and decorated for Christmas.
9.       Freedom Towner One World Trade Center – so beautiful to see this building stand tall and proud over the city.
10.   Times Square – this is my boyfriend’s favourite place in NY. It’s awesome but VERY busy – you will see all of the bright lights if you visit here at night and there are some great shops located in Times Square. You may even spot Spiderman or SpongeBob!
11.   Wall Street
12.   Manhattan Sky Line
13.   NY Giants – visit the MetLife Stadium for a great game of American Football my boyfriend is a Giants fan we loved this! Although be sure to wrap up warm as if the game is on late at night the temperature does dip pretty low!
14.   High Line
15.   Grand Central Terminal – this place is beautiful. It can be very busy with lots of crowds also visiting the main concourse however make sure to visit Grand Central. The ceilings are beautifully decorated astronomical and a large American flag hangs up in the main concourse in remembrance of September 11
16.   National September 11th Museum and Memorial – a beautiful tribute
17.   Chrysler Building
18.   Radio City Music Hall
19.   New York Public Library
20.   Good Morning America Studios – If you visit here at the right time Mon-Fri 7am to 9am you may catch a climpse of the anchors live in action on the street or may even end up being a part of their live audience!
21.   Strawberry Field – John Lennon Memorial in Central Park
22.   Central Park Zoo
23.   Trump Rink at Central Park
24.   Fifth Avenue – every shop you could think of is located on this street, its a shopping paradise!
25.   Broadway
26.   Metropolitan Museum of Art
27.   Museum of Modern Art
28.   Gossip Girl Sight Tours
29.   The Sopranos Sight Tours
30.   Bryant Park
31.   F.R.I.E.N.D.S Building – 100 Bedford St, Corner Grove
32.   Gramercy Park
33.   Staten Island Ferry
34.   Greenwich Village
35.   Statue of Liberty
36.   West Village
37.   Union Square – this was one of the last places we visited and I was pleasantly surprised with how lovely the set-up of Union Square was! They had a lovely Christmas market in the Square at the time – I will definitely be visiting this area of NY again!
38.   Roosevelt Island
39.   Manhattan Bridge
40.   Battery Park

If I have missed anything out or you want to recommend anywhere in NYC please feel free to comment below! I would love to hear your loves of the city too! Hopefully it won’t be long before I can return to explore NY even more!

No comments:

Post a Comment