Sunday 12 April 2015

Shops to visit in New York City

Hello! Hope you are all well!
This is a follow up post to my 40 Things to Do / Places to Visit in New York City.
If you are looking for some ideas or shops to visit whilst you are in New York City. Check out the list below - these are based on my travels to NY. Hopefully the list can expand if I get the chance to visit the City again soon - let me know what you think!

1.       Saks – When I visited Saks on Fifth Avenue I felt like I was in another world. The interior and architecture of the department store is amazing and I did fall in love with a Chloe handbag that I will most likely never be able to afford – beware you will get envy of the rich!
2.       Tiffany and Co
3.       Apple Store
4.       Toys R Us – Times Square this is the biggest Toy shop I have ever visited it was amazing! If I was a little kid again I would think this was the most amazing place in the whole world and never want to leave. It is that awesome it even has a big wheel inside which you can take a ride on!
5.       Bloomingdales
6.       NBA Store – One cool ass shop so much we visited several times whilst we were in New York. The staff are so friendly and amazing!
7.       Sephora – ladies & gents this store is make up heaven, in my head this store is like the candy floss all dancing and singing unicorns fluffy baby kittens universe. Its heaven on earth! I dragged my poor boyfriend round this shop god knows how many times. I definitely recommend if you are travelling from a far to NYC definitely keep money aside for Sephora. You will find make up and skin case/cosmetics that you will never find in any UK Store! If I could win the lottery and move to NYC id be looking to buy a flat above Sephora… and maybe a Dunkin Donuts… both of those would be extremely handy!
8.       Footlocker – If you visit these in NYC I can guarantee you will come home with the sweetest new pair of trainers nobody back home will have.
9.       Kate Spade – Im going to admit I stupidly didn’t buy anything in here although I did browse. I was so keen on buying a Michael Kors handbag from Macys that I thought I would be clever &  not to spend in KS and save my money aside and not to splash out in Kate Spade - so I waited until the last day (which was thanksgiving) to buy the MK bag which turned out to be a massive fail as silly little me forgot that shops are closed on thanksgiving – so not only did I miss out on getting my Michael Kors bag but I also missed out on buying Kate Spade beauties at the time too. Guys – please don’t be as silly as me! BUY whilst you can! Kate Spade shop is so pretty when you are in there you are oh my god-in at EVERYTHING! Your eyes are all over the shop because everything is so beautifully laid out and sparkling away. I need to go back to fully indulge myself in Kate Spade!
10.   Macys – I think on our second visit to NYC we must have visited Macys nearly every day this store has everything you could think of! We found ourselves buying a lot from here! When we visited it was all decorated for Thanksgiving and Christmas and had the Christmas toy section in store – it felt like the movie Elf! Was just amazing and one of the coolest things that I find taking away from this shop is the vintage wooden escalators if you go to the top floors between eighth and ninth you will see the old vintage wooden escalator which are over 100 years old!
11.   The Lego Shop – They have several Lego shops in NYC we went to the one opposite Madison Sq Park which I believe is a newer Lego shop as it wasn’t there when we went in 2013.  Again a lot more newer products in this shop than what we would find elsewhere. This shop is great for little kids and even big kids… Either way they will love it!
12.   H&M – you will find a bunch of these dotted around the city and even wherever you live. You may be like? Err I can visit one at home... Yes you can you are right – but you will find awesome pieces that aren’t yet out where you are from. I remember coming home showing my family (one whom works at H&M) and she hadn’t even seen this piece of clothing yet so just goes to show you. You will find brand new garments elsewhere
13.   Forever 21
14.   Disney Store
15.   Lush
16.   Schwarz Toy Store
17.   Armani Exchange
18.   Louis Vuitton
19.   Midtown Comics – if you are a MARVEL geek like me! Check this place out!
20.   Christian Louboutin
21.   Wholefoods Market – we visited the one at Union Square it was really busy it being Thanksgiving the next day however we fell in love with this shop. Shops nearby where I live don’t have any organic vegan whole food shops. Around here we just have well known branded uk supermarkets. You will see in my other blog posts that I have in fact visited Whole Food Markets in the UK since then. There is only ONE in my country – can you believe that? Anyway this was where we initially found Wholefoods, first time we ever visited one and it was in NYC and we loved this place. Eating out (because let’s face it, you do it constantly when you are on holiday) by the 4th/5th day eating processed food can become sluggish because there is so many fast food outlets or you find yourself eating the same thing you just had for your Lunch – if you feel like that I definitely recommend visiting this place. They have food that you can take away and its all 100% healthy so you will feel a lot better for it!
22.   Nike store – so cool. I love looking at all of the different Nike shoes that America have out before the UK. I remember buying Lunarglides like 6 months before they came out in the UK it was awesome having something that people looked at and wanted to know “where are they from” “where can I get them”. The shop assistants in this Store on Madison Ave are so friendly and every time I’ve visited this place they have been so helpful!
23.   GAP – I don’t know about you but GAP in the UK sadly doesn’t seem to excite me. GAP in the USA however is a different story. I found myself picking up lots of presents for bringing home to my family when I was on holiday there. They had warm colourful garments all ready for Christmas. My family couldn’t believe the presents were actually from GAP. It is crazy how you can walk past a store so much in the UK and not pay any attention to it yet you will find yourself shopping from there elsewhere in the world?
24.   Vint and York – glasses/frames extraordinaire!
25.   Make Up Forever
26.   Shen Beauty
27.   Adidas Originals Store
28.   Barneys New York
29.   Urban Outfitters
30.   Topshop


If you have any recommendations for shops to visit whilst you are in New York - please let me know and I will make a note to check those out next time I go to visit the city. I hope you enjoyed my post! and if you haven't had the chance already please scroll down to see my other post on NYC - 40 Things to Do / Places to visit in New York City! Much love, xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment